Going on holiday? Need to take a break from Wing Chun training? Follow the steps below to submit a Training Plan suspension request online.
How to submit a Training Plan suspension request online
- Tap here to launch our Training Plan Suspension Request Form.
- Enter your full name and barcode.
- Specify the Wing Chun school that you train at.
- Enter an email address or mobile phone number. If there are any issues with your suspension request, we will attempt to contact you via the contact details that you provide.
- Specify the Commencement Date of Suspension. This must be at least 7 days from today’s date.
- Specify the Length of Suspension. You may suspend your Training Plan for a minimum of 1 week and a maximum of 8 weeks in whole-week increments, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Suspension.
- Tap ‘Continue’.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Suspension on the next page.
- Check ‘I agree’ and tap ‘Submit’.
All Training Plan suspension requests are manually verified and actioned by Academy administration. You will not receive any further correspondence or confirmation from us unless there is an issue with your suspension request.
Things to Consider
Please take the following into consideration when submitting a Training Plan suspension request:
- You are allowed up to four free Training Plan suspensions per calendar year. Additional suspensions may be requested for a fee.
- A ‘minimum reactivation period’ applies after each suspension. You will not be able to suspend your Training Plan again during the minimum reactivation period.
- We recommend that Once a Week and Little Dragons Training Plans are suspended on a Monday.
- You cannot suspend your Training Plan if your account is in arrears, e.g. if you have any outstanding failed payments.
Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of Suspension below.
Terms and Conditions of Suspension
- You are allowed up to four (4) free Training Plan suspensions per year.
- Your Training Plan suspension quota resets at the beginning of each year.
- Changing your Training Plan during the year will not reset your quota.
- You may suspend your Training Plan in whole week increments for a minimum of one (1) week up to a maximum of eight (8) weeks at a time.
- This form must be submitted directly to Sydney HQ at least one (1) week prior to the requested Commencement Date of Suspension.
- This form may only be submitted by you in person at Sydney HQ or online via the Current Students Portal. Suspension requests submitted via any other method, such as phone, fax or email, are not accepted.
- If this form is not received by Sydney HQ at least one (1) week prior to the requested Commencement Date of Suspension, the Commencement Date shall be set to one (1) week after the date of receipt.
Training Plan Resumption
- Once your suspension period has ended, your Training Plan and fortnightly payments will automatically resume.
Minimum Reactivation Period
- A minimum reactivation period applies immediately after each suspension:
- 1 week suspension = 1 week reactivation period
- 2 to 4 week suspension = 2 week reactivation period
- 5 to 8 week suspension = 4 week reactivation period
- You will not be able to suspend your Training Plan again until the reactivation period has passed.
- If your requested Commencement Date of Suspension falls within a reactivation period, your suspension request will be voided.
Restrictions and Other Conditions
- Suspending your Training Plan will not suspend or extend the length of any Platinum Membership purchased (if applicable).
- Your suspension request will not be processed if your account is in arrears.
Effects of Suspension
- Suspending your Training Plan will postpone all future fortnightly payments by the requested Length of Suspension.
- You will not be able to train, attend Gradings or use any of the Academy’s facilities while your Training Plan is suspended.
Once a Week Training Plan Suspensions
- If you are on a Once a Week Training Plan and your suspension commences mid-week, that week will be deemed to resume once your suspension ends.Example: If you have already trained in the week of your suspension (Week 1 in the example below), you will need to wait until the next whole week begins (Week 2 in the example) before you can train again.
In the example above, a 1 week suspension is requested from the 9th to the 15th of the month (marked in yellow).
End of Year Suspensions
- This form must be submitted directly to Sydney HQ at least one (1) week prior to the Academy’s last day of trading for the year.
- End of year suspensions with a Commencement Date in December will not count toward your yearly suspension quota.
Copied from Training Plan Suspension Form v2015.5
End of Year Suspension Requests
Our Sydney HQ and NSW Branches close for approximately 3 weeks over the Christmas and New Year period each year.
As stated in your Direct Debit Agreement, holiday suspensions are not automatic; if you wish to suspend your Training Plan over the holiday period, you must submit a suspension request to us no later than one (1) week prior to our last day of trading for the year.
Please note that any failed payments owed under your Direct Debit Agreement must be settled before your suspension request may be processed.
Unfortunately we cannot backdate suspensions in our system.