Australia’s First Carbon Neutral Martial Arts School
We are proud to be Australia’s first carbon neutral martial arts organisation through our NoCO2 Certification with the Carbon Reduction Institute (CRI).
The International Wing Chun Academy has achieved NoCO2 Certification through CRI, which provides Australia’s most widely recognised environmental accreditation for businesses.
In order to achieve NoCO2 Certification, we have undergone a rigorous audit by CRI to measure our greenhouse gas emissions at every stage of our business. We are also subject to ongoing monitoring by CRI.
How We Offset Our Greenhouse Gas Emissions
We offset our greenhouse gas emissions by purchasing carbon credits through CRI, which fund climate change mitigation projects.
We fund these projects to the extent that our greenhouse gas emissions are completely negated.
Climate Change Mitigation Projects
The projects that CRI funds through our purchase of carbon credits include:
- Renewable energy projects (including wind, solar, geothermal, landfill gas capture, biomass and hydro generation)
- Energy efficiency projects (lighting, cook-stoves)
CRI prefers to invest in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects over forestry and re-vegetation projects because carbon sinks (such as tree stocks) present a risk of reversing emissions back into the atmosphere.
All projects supported by CRI are registered under global registries, such as the ‘Markit’ and ‘Gold Standard’ registry.
Tap here to read more about NoCO2’s projects.
Our Ongoing Commitment to the Environment
In addition to offsetting our greenhouse gas emissions, we are committed to minimising our environmental impact by:
- Implementing paperless office and administration systems wherever possible
- Utilising carbon neutral paper stock where paper is required
- Recycling paper and plastic waste deposited at our Sydney HQ
- Partnering with and using products provided by carbon neutral and environmentally conscious businesses